How To Fit A Kitchen Worktop With Wickes
There are many different types of kitchen worktop available including wood, granite and laminate. Learn how to fit a laminate kitchen worktop with this step by step guide from one of our Wickes experts.
Subscribe to the Wickes YouTube channel here:
For more Wickes Kitchen videos click here:
These are the steps to fit your worktop:
1. Position the worktop on the base units, checking the overhang is even.
2. To join the worktop to another piece of worktop, start by measuring it’s width. Use a joining strip and cut to the correct length using a hack saw.
3. Place the strip with the flat surface against the cut edge and screw into place.
4. Clamp the worktop into position, fixed to the units from the underside.
5. Drill three holes in the back and front support struts of each cabinet – one hole both ends and one in the middle for each unit.
6. Screw the units to the worktop.
7. To finish the cut edges use the supplied end strip. Cut the correct size by taping it to the end and using the worktop as a template.
8. Carefully cut using scissors.
9. Use masking tape to protect the surface of the worktop before applying contact adhesive.
10. Brush the contact adhesive on to the end strip and the end of the worktop, make sure the surface you are doing this on is protected and keep a window open to allow ventilation.
11. Leave the contact adhesive for 15 minutes to dry.
12. Stick the end strip into place and peel off the tape (if the end strip still protrudes, use sandpaper or a file to neaten).
Shop Wickes saws here:
Shop Wickes files here:
Shop Wickes hand saws here:
Shop Wickes clamps here:
Shop Wickes drills and drill bits here:
Shop Wickes screwdrivers here:
Shop Wickes masking tape here:
Shop Wickes contact adhesive here:
Learn more about the Wickes kitchen cabinet range or book a free design appointment here:
Watch more helpful DIY videos from Wickes below;
How to Home Maintenance with Wickes:
How to Kitchens with Wickes:
How to Garden and Landscape with Wickes:
How to Tile a Bathroom with Wickes:
How to Paint and Decorate with Wickes:
Wickes YouTube channel:
If you’d like to find out more from Wickes, the order line number is 0330 123 4123